Original topic:

Solution: REPLACED COMPONENT - REPLACED PBA - S/W UPDATED

(Topic created: 04-24-2019 07:31 PM)
userCUZXlgLxzC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I detailed my S10 issues here...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/S10-DEAD-Lemon-Horrible-experience/m-p/548734#M11637

Original Problem:
HARDWARE ISSUE - TEMPERATURE ISSUES - PHONE IS WARM WHILE IN USE 

Problem found:
NO POWER UP - CAMERA FAILURE 

Solution:
REPLACED COMPONENT - REPLACED PBA - S/W UPDATED

Does anybody have details or experice with these solutions?    

I have mixed feelings about a repaired device I have owned for 1 month now, in my hands for fewer than 3 weeks, 1+ week at Local Samsung repair shop and then shipped back to Samsung.  I am unceratin why they refuse to replace with a new device.

I was supposed to receive the repaired device today, however UPS has delayed delivery.  The hits just keep coming...   

userwqYj3Y9qjk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

same here, replaced PBA on a brand new phone, I owned less than a month. Guess you are lucky if the issue happens within the first 14 days

0 Likes
Bernardos70
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here. Replaced PBA. It's running great now, so it was worth it. Wish ubreakifixit had the parts to fix it. Or at least diagnose it correctly (they said everything was fine with it......)

0 Likes
jlee7653
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had my Samsung Galaxy S9 for less than a month and I had a problem with the Samsung Health App jumping ahead 4 hours while walking when I had only walked for about 1 hour.  And I also had a problem with getting a invalid address entered message when sending a group text message, but when sending a individual text it worked fine.  I waiting on my phone to get back from Samsung now.

0 Likes
Wolflingdaddy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Very similar thing happening to me.

Got the phone on release day, March 8. Started having issues after a week. I was on the phone and in the  Sprint store. After my second visit there (they had made it worse by trying to reflash the modem) when the phone was completely unusable as a phone, they ordered me a replacement that didn't get here until a few days ago (took 10 days).  Issue is that I bought the phone from Samsung Direct and after some discussions, they suggested I send mine to them for repair/replace- didn't want to lose my warranty or pay almost double for Sprint's program. My repaired phone is now on it's way here and when I get it and confirm that it works properly I'll return Sprint's S10+ plus the loaner they gave me and be done. Yeesh.

0 Likes
Frederickdawg
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can  only speak from a note 9 snapdragon user. This device runs hotter than the Sd845. 

0 Likes
mgeinitz1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine had the same issue. I was a preorder got it a day before office release. kept on getting Hot and battery draining super fast. It dies after 2 weeks when the battery went to 0. it would not boot up. i went to Ifixit and they somehow got it to charge and boot again. then 2 weeks later did the same thing and they could not get it to rcognize a charger after. i sent it to samsung. Should get it back tmrw. hopefully it will fix it. 

This is what the repair says. 

Original Problem:
POWER - POWER - WILL NOT POWER UP

Problem found:
AUTO POWER OFF W/BATT/TEST CAB

Solution:
REPLACED PBA

0 Likes
user2aK9DcJguB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same thing happened to me. I had battery discharge problems and phone was getting hot. First they were unable to find any problem and I had to call them twice. This is a bad service. A new phone shouldn't have these issues and if these issues are found they should give a new device so that the customers are atleast satisfied of spending a 1000 dollars on a new phone. 

0 Likes
Bigbull0987
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here I had a PBA on a Samsung s10+ that I pre ordered replaced but mine was because apparently I had a loose charging port and that water had damaged it . However now they want to charge me $441 due to it being out of warranty from liquid damage even though the phone is water resistant rated and I have not went swimming with it . I have only had it with me in the shower and had it in my hand for during rain storms . 

0 Likes
Samsung_oM9tUFn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My new S10+ has been to the Samsung service center in TX twice due to audio quality issues.  People I called complained my voice was muffled or they could not hear me when using the speakerphone.  Sent the phone in for repairs.  Got the phone back and in less than 2-week the problem reoccurred both on and off speakerphone.  A new issue developed as well and people now complained about feedback/buzzing.   So, it was returned to the Samsung service center a second time.  The fix... REPLACED PBA - S/W UPDATED.  

Samsung should not beta test with their customers!  The phone should work flawlessly out of the box with zero issues.  When issues do occur Samsung should stand behind their product and replace it.  Had I purchased the phone from a retailer like Best Buy that would have been an option, but I purchased the phone directly from Samsung (huge mistake) and a repair is the only option.  

Huge dissapointment.

Samsung_dPOyK23
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

PBA replacement for S10+ preorder here as well.  My issue was data dropping all the time. Often it was LTE dropping, but 3G and roaming always meant no data.   Often I'd have 4 or 5 bars of LTE, but no data coming across.   I'd have to reboot the phone often to get data back. They also said I had a speaker failure. I hadn't known about that one  Hopefully it will be back by Friday.   I've been with Samsung since 2011. This may be my last one...

0 Likes