Astronaut

Re: Solution to no sound notification galaxy s7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much. .it worked! Idk how I turned it off though!😂

userVKUuQSAmOR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! This worked and also explained why I wasn't getting notifications at times.  My issues started just prior to the Oreo update, and became worse after. But checking Accessibility/ Notification reminder (1 minute interval) fixed it today. 

@userrgQnb6Ct10 wrote:

After trying all the possible fixes everywhere and making sure all the toggles and checkmarks were checked, I never even thought to look in the least place I would have looked.

Navigate to:

Settings / Accessibility / Notification reminder

I may have forgotten about this section in my phone and at one point messed with it some time ago and possibly even turned it off as I was exploring the phone. Well I noticed it was off and no apps were allowed to remind me of notifications. I checked it on and I left it at 1 minute. I then waited for the list of apps to populate and began to check on all the apps I wanted to be reminded from. After I went back into the stock messaging app. I then sent myself a text message ( if you are on the messaging app it will not make a sound ) and quickly backed out of the application.  To my surprise, I was immediately notified (with the messaging sound I had picked prior in the notification sounds) of the message I had sent myself.

Try this..... this may be a fix for you. I am on Android 7.0 on the S7. This should work for S7 Edge and possibly others. If not there may be something wrong with the phone.

GMAIL, OUTLOOK, SNAPCHAT, etc are all making notification sounds now. Unknowingly turning this off in this section had dissabled message notifications all together.

flojo0311
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome post and solution. Thanks !!!

The Frog Prince
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanx Smiley Happy
usercNqzWvEkeK
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much.  I would have never figured it out without your help.  

Dragon28
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You welcome! Happy to help! I know how it is. Especially when the people that work for the cell company is no help 

user6FRRlEZS7g
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you!!!

user6FRRlEZS7g
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That worked!!!!  Thanks!!!!

userzye1QZ3uKl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks so much... I just couldn't figure it out 😁

userMSaIqYV4Fn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks. Haven't been able to figure this out for weeks. Now I'm functional again.