cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Sound notification and voicemail from blocked numbers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Galaxy S5 running Android 6.0.1 and Cspire is my provider. Cspire was not helpful at all and cited "working as intended".

After I've blocked numbers, they are still able to leave voicemails and I get a notification sound when they do.  It is ridiculous because then I have to go into voicemail and manually delete those messages. A call from a blocked number should leave a log entry and nothing else.

Is there a way to block voicemails from blocked numbers via settings?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Sound notification and voicemail from blocked numbers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Voicemails go through your carrier, they would be the only ones able to assist. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Voicemails go through your carrier, they would be the only ones able to assist. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, but if the call  is BLOCKED it should not be FORWARDED TO VOICEMAIL.  Those are 2 completely different things.  The phone could conceivably [REJECT THE CALL] Without Busying Out The Line (which is what Forwards The Call To VM).

My HTC One phones all did so seamlessly after blocking a contact or # - never to be heard from again! After getting my pricey new phone, imagine my surprise at getting VM from my long-blocked ex on while vacation in the Caribbean!? I've been very annoyed at Samsung's oversight here.