Spontaneous screen crack

Asteroid

Spontaneous screen crack

I used my S6 phone on speaker and then ended the call and started charging the phone. I placed it on the counter, I was standing right next to it and when I looked down the screen spontaneously started cracking starting at the edge of the speaker fanning out. The phone was never dropped and there was never any trauma. My husband a month ago told me the same thing about his phone while charging but it was hard to believe. I was convinced he dropped it and didn't realize. After this happened to me I am convinced the same happened to him. Has anyone else experienced this? I think this is a major defect. 

33 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Spontaneous screen crack

I have a s7 edge and i just noticed i have a crack by the speaker and i haven't dropped my phone and i have a protective case on it.

Astronaut

This happened to my S4 Active. A perfect cresent shaped cracked appeared around my volume keys. I only had the phone for 3 days before it happened. Maybe it has something to do with how hot the phones get when they charge?

Asteroid

This is clearly a defect around the speaker. I am not sure if it has to do with the heat the phone generates when charging and the coolness of the metal. It is just a shame this happens since we spend so much on these phones and they are not quality. I am reaching out to Samsung tomorrow. 

Asteroid

I think you are right. My phone gets really hot when charging. 

Halo

[ Edited ]

someone post a screenshot of crack.THIS MIGHT REQUIRE A CALL BACK FOR THE S7. thats very sad it has happened without your causing it. im starting to see increased cases of this. i have the edge.

joel3x wrote:

I have a s7 edge and i just noticed i have a crack by the speaker and i haven't dropped my phone and i have a protective case on it.

im onthedge
Halo

YOU ALL SCARED the hec outa me. i just dumped some money to invest on protection plan from samsung. i wont or cant stomach the idea of freakish cracked screens,and if im gonna have device two years, last thing needed is a

Spoiler
paperweightedRobot Sad

s7 edge.

im onthedge
Esteemed Contributor (Elite)

If you get Samsung's own platinum plus protection, I think that is a good deal.

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Halo

paid.plan in effect as of now.platinum plus protection

Superman wrote:
If you get Samsung's own platinum plus protection, I think that is a good deal.

im onthedge
Asteroid

Attachments