Original topic:

Spontaneously cracked screen on new CPO S10

(Topic created: 05-13-2021 02:06 PM)
MRSRN65
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just received a Certified Pre-owned Galaxy S10 from Samsung.  OOB looked fine.  Charged the device enough to update and go through the wizard to transfer my old phone.  Then places it on the nightstand. Woke up yesterday morning to a large crack on the screen.  Within a few hours, 4 more small cracks appeared.  The phone was not dropped or mistreated.  They look like stress cracks.  I'm thinking the battery is bad and expanded, causing the screen to crack.

Any one else experience similar?

0 Likes
2 Replies
usero09ABj9fRU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for sharing your experience. I was just about to buy the exact same certified preowned phone but decided to do a community search on the quality of these phones before purchase and stumbled on your post. Was Samsung able to help you out? Did it qualify for warranty coverage?

0 Likes
MRSRN65
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hello. I returned the phone that day and took a chance getting a replacement with the same phone. I've had the new phone for several weeks now and have had no issues. Just like brand new.
I believe the battery was defective on the first one. The phone felt hot and the cracks appeared to be stress fractures.
0 Likes