JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Spotify notification not showing

(Topic created: 05-01-2019 11:35 PM)
usernG6n20d6Cc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Somehow when Spotify is in the notification shade won't show up. To change music I need to go in the app and change it from there. 

Anyone experiencing that as well? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@usernG6n20d6Cc  @Owen-M  go to Settings>Notifications>Spotify>make sure playback is toggled on and silent. 

View solution in context

7 Replies
Owen-M
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes this is happening to me too. I saw on an article Spotify needs to update their app because nobody with any s10 series phone can use the notification to control the music. Just waiting for Spotify to update their app

0 Likes
usernG6n20d6Cc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That's super annoying.. How long would that take hehe. Its been nearly two months now. 

Thanks for ur help. 

0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@usernG6n20d6Cc  @Owen-M  go to Settings>Notifications>Spotify>make sure playback is toggled on and silent. 

usernG6n20d6Cc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No luck still. 

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's pretty weird.... Have you contacted Spotify live chat? I have had my S10+ since the Unpacked event and I have never had any issues with Spotify. The only other thing I could think of it to make sure Spotify isn't a sleeping app. Settings>Device care>Battery>top right three dots>Sleeping apps
usernG6n20d6Cc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Somehow worked now.. Thank you.Screenshot_20190504-143953_Settings.jpg

RockaholicsAnon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm not having that issue on s10+. Might be an issue unique to s10 or you have the notification for spotify minimized in the app notification settings. Or I'm just a unicorn lucky enough to have it functioning properly for me

0 Likes