JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Spotify over Bluetooth intermittently cuts out when screen off

(Topic created: 05-29-2020 04:02 PM)
ShnuShnu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've noticed this on my S10+ and a friend's S10. When the display turns off the audio will intermittently cut out, when waking the device the audio instantly resumes.

23 Replies
userGRW2jKj4Yo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for this. I had just bought the Sony WF-1000XM3 Wireless headphones, and everything appeared great with Spotify, etc, and then I noted I could not pause or change tracks with the headphones (tap on the side, etc). I would then unlock my mobile (S8+) and I had control with the "tap". Your "put app to sleep" was the issue. Again thank you, I searched high and low for help. Decided to put this up in case others have the same issue with the Sony WF

0 Likes
Solution
useriCUAnIUr2b
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey

So I was having this problem and I think I've solved it. 

Go to apps, click on spotify, then battery, and click allow background battery. 

Working relatively seamlessly for me now 🙂 

View solution in context

user2gVEz3Ki4Y
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Allowing background activity for Spotify on its own did not work for me.  I had to amend Power mode to High Performance.  The combined actions worked.  Also if Spotify is not in offline mode with saved music then you will obviously lose the track you are listening to when the phone loses connection, apparently this is the case even if the playlist is one of your saved lists.

0 Likes
mickeyrat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue, only its a ross all music apps. It cuts out when I want to switch apps or when I click on a tile group. Cant seem to find a setting for it.... S20 Plus.

YES ITS UP TO DATE

0 Likes