JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Spotify over Bluetooth intermittently cuts out when screen off

(Topic created: 03-17-2019 08:08 AM)
ShnuShnu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've noticed this on my S10+ and a friend's S10. When the display turns off the audio will intermittently cut out, when waking the device the audio instantly resumes.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userLAOx9y9AK3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This fixed the issue for me!

0 Likes
userl1aLeeqzuw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thought it might be battery optimization and it was.  All fixed:)

Thanks

Boogiemann
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is an app fault... not the samsung mobile !!

usercy4KRQLAQF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No it's not. Works fine on all the other Sx range, just not S10

this is an S10 fault

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is due to Android 9.0 agressive battery saving. I assume your other devices are not using Android 9.0. Disable battery optimization and allow background data for spotify and issues will not happen any more.

0 Likes
user0v8Xr8Aw3g
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue!  Came from s7 and s8 and didnt have these audio problems with spotify.  If i pause the music with my bluetooth, i cant resume a couple minutes later, spotify is gone from the lock screen!

0 Likes
useriKdbBuYm7J
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is a spotify fault caused by the past 2 updates, either revert to a older version or wait it out.

0 Likes
Rose4uKY
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same thing is happenig to my husband. He'll be listening to music through Spotify through his Bluetooth speaker while in the shower and when screen goes off music cuts out. Where is this optimization setting? He saw something about keeping awake that was on.

0 Likes
user2Q9S8qwaMO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I agree, i have the same issue and i have checked to be completely updated, cleared all cache, deleted other apps, reinstalled spotify, unchecked Canvas (to optimize battery), deleted cache within spotify and this continues to occur on my updated Note 8.

Please help us with a real solution (no need to be rude to another message previously) but do help us because it is frustrating and embarrassing only giving Iphone users a reason to rank on Samsung users.

userw9goud9iuU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi

This was really frustating but I managed to solve the issue in the end. In my case, I had to go to settings, then device care, then battery, then find spotify and finally deactivate the option "Put the app to sleep".

Somehow this changed, probably it was me performing an automatic check of the phone and agreeing to the action with knowing the full consequences. If you don't notice straight away its difficult to figure it out what might be.

Hope this helps.