Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DRock
Asteroid

Static while playing music using aux cord on my S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  I've tried several cords.  My Galaxy 6 edge plus seems to work fine with these cords.  Any suggestions?  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userxBlEU37X8T
Constellation

Re: Static while playing music using aux cord on my S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Found the solution. At least it worked for me. In the setting menu, go to sound and vibrations. Then scroll down to sound quality and effects. Enable UHQ upscaler and the ridiculously  horrible static went away. Hope it works

View solution in original post

65 REPLIES 65
Capt4201252
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes mine does it too and for the price of the device I'm surprised. I've tried multiple aux cords myself and they all have the same static feedback noise through the speakers 

Joseh8908
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Meremo1226
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly enough, these devices cost a small fortune so much so, that they offer payment plans to sell them. The only noise I've experienced on my S8+ is the ground squeal coming through the car speakers with an auxiliary cord, even the most expensive. However, I read somewhere that I could attach a device called ground loop isolator. You plug the auxillary into your phone and connect the ground loop isolator between the auxillary male and female. Problem solved. I was able to use hands free, but I would have to yell.

Then I discovered Soundbot 360. It's a beautiful thing. It's everything you want in Bluetooth and hands free. Yes, you will still NEED the ground loop isolator

"I'm just a box, just a box in a cage."
Modest Mouse
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercJA2BGQG4r; Thank you for sharing!

userfMxgWsnP2D
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
As does mine. I tested it with my old Nexus 5 (no static) and then Samsung S8 (yes static). Same car sound system, same (cheap) AUX cable, same volume settings. Back-to-back. Why would such a fancy new device have this issue?
userxBlEU37X8T
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Found the solution. At least it worked for me. In the setting menu, go to sound and vibrations. Then scroll down to sound quality and effects. Enable UHQ upscaler and the ridiculously  horrible static went away. Hope it works

DRock
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

YES!!!! it worked.  My cell phone carrier found your reply to my question otherwise I would be suffering.  Thanks again!

userTXTCGGDhPt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine will not let me enable the EHQ feature but I feel like the answer definitely lies within those settings.  

userV10s09P15b
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Found my UHQ UPSCALER.....but it's not highlighted so I can't turn it on????