JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Status Bar/ Notification Display Flickers

(Topic created: 10-17-2020 08:55 PM)
userQWXqqlO18S
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My Samsung S10e's Status bar ( the bar at the top of the display that contains information such as battery, notifications, cell signal etc.) has started flickering today from what I suspect is the most recent update. This is especially annoying when trying to text as it also responds to screen refreshing caused by "key" presses or by refreshing app/browser pages.

Any help?

23 Replies
userc5LJLiLGXl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, same here! This issue started to occur directly after the most recent update. Very annoying.

SiddSunny
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yep, it started such flickers right after the recent update. Any thing we can do to make this go away?
DontCareWTFyouCallMe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I figured out if you turn the setting off that hides the camera cutout the status bar no longer flashes. This is definitely not a permanent solution because it doesn't allow apps in full screen...  The DEVS will have to "fix the bug" 

0 Likes
quedog10pop
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
How to fix camera cutout feature.  This is the problem.  I changed it while messing around in settings, but couldn't get back to it.  Here's how! 

1. Go to Settings.
2. Select Display.
3. Scroll down and tap on Full screen apps item.
4. Tap the three-dot menu button on the top right.
5. Select Advanced settings.
6. Activate the Hide Camera Cutout feature by tapping on the corresponding toggle.
0 Likes
Solution
userbbhv6DZN2l
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, I found something that worked for me.  If you install an app called Super Status Bar from the app store, and run it, and then stop it.  It solved whatever software conflict was causing the status bar to flicker.  It works when the phone has the "hide cut out" option on as well.

View solution in context

Sassy76
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What do you mean by starting and stopping this app your talking about ???

0 Likes
userbbhv6DZN2l
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Install the application.  It has a start button.  Push it.  It will then turn into a stop button.  Push that.  Your problem is now solved and the status bar won't flicker.  You know need to go throw the safe mode rabbit hole.

userKB1dAJiQue
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Omg thank you!!! This worked!!   

@userbbhv6DZN2l wrote:

Yes, I found something that worked for me.  If you install an app called Super Status Bar from the app store, and run it, and then stop it.  It solved whatever software conflict was causing the status bar to flicker.  It works when the phone has the "hide cut out" option on as well.

0 Likes
DontCareWTFyouCallMe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

this solution worked but can the app be uninstalled afterwards 

0 Likes