Original topic:

Stop asking for the beta

(Topic created on: 11/6/20 2:29 PM)
ChrYoshi
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can everyone please stop asking for the beta?  Every other posting is about when they'll see the beta. Every other post after that one are users asking for help to get rid of an error from side loading a beta or having issues with the beta on their primary device. Be patient and let users that are actually testing it to submit bug reports to Samsung. The more users that jump on the beta that have zero knowledge on what betas are for or who aren't testing because they just want the new Android 11 are making the full launch take longer. 

Relax, it's an operating system. 
6 Replies
Kamikashir0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The problem here is the layout of the Forum itself on this site, Everything is lumped together in one long list which is not the way it should be.

I've been a forum user for the last two decades and a BBS user for a couple of decades before that. I even used to run a multi-node Wildcat BBS at one point years ago when everything was dial-up.

Most forums are laid out so you have the Main Forum itself, then all the Sub-Forums which may or may not have Sub-Forums themselves. You should be able to see a list of the forums to one side and select which forum you need so you can find your information there or post your "relevant" question there.

That's not quite possible here because of the setup.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Now in the One UI Beta signup, it specifically tells users that if there are any problems with the Registration, to Post (reply) to the "Beta Registration Issues" Thread.

I have checked and could not find any "Official" Thread by this name. just a couple of thread with this in the post name posted by users asking questions.

Also the signup specifically says if there are any Questions, to Post to the Beta forum.

Again, the setup of the Forum is at fault here. If they were to use a decent Forum software Such as IP. Board, Invision, vBullentin all of which are excellent Forum software, this would get rid of such problems and make it easier for users to find what they are looking for and to know where they are supposed to post without flooding everyone out.

0 Likes
ChrYoshi
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Is there an app on the beta that testers are supposed to open and post their issues there instead of the Member's app?
0 Likes
NOHCHO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Where and how can I install the beta?
0 Likes
Adaboy
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
when I did Beta using unlockes S9+ it was that way. I'm not participating as I have a Note 10+.
0 Likes
Kamikashir0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I haven't heard of any such apps.

As to what I was referring to, if you've ever used a regular forum, them you should basically know what I'm referring to about the layout.
0 Likes
ChrYoshi
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
In black and white on the Beta Info and Instructions.

How can I submit feedback to Samsung?

After installing the beta software, please launch the "Samsung Members" app.

You can post up performance-related feedback such as errors, malfunctions, and poor performance under "Error" of the "Beta Community" menu. If you have any UX/UI related feedback such as new suggestions or usability, please post it up under "Suggestion" of the "Beta Community" menu.

If you can't post up an error on the Beta Community for some reason, you can send it through the Beta feedback menu.

You can also send general opinions about beta software through the "Contact us" menu.
0 Likes