Original topic:

Storage Filled up by 'Other'

(Topic created: 03-27-2022 03:37 PM)
KaylaW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've been trying to clear out my storage for the past couple weeks and I found myself not getting anywhere because a huge amount of my storage has been taken up by 'other', but I have no idea what "other" is. I can't clear it and I don't what to do to get rid of it. This has never happened before I got the Android 12 update and I don't know if that had something to with that. 

7 Replies
jonathanrc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Apps, tap the i next to Apps, give it permission and then let it reload
KaylaW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks!
0 Likes
PurplePapaya
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm having the same issue but the "other" folder under the Google Drive section.
Georgia2004
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I just look at mines and I can't open mines either, not sure what is up with this, but I believe my email is using this space to store files that I have downloaded as well as my secure folder :open_file_folder: might be using this space as well, so as they say be careful what you wish to access, but remember to backups your devices before you do something that you might regret ok
Diaboyos
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Do you use Telegram?
0 Likes
KaylaW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No
0 Likes
PandoraB
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I noticed this too ! I've always been pretty on top of managing my storage capacities but after the two updates I received recently, the amount of Used space shot through the roof.