Original topic:

Storage Full, deleted a bunch of apps, photos, files etc.

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Members_XzhCzE0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have 128 GB of storage on my s10 phone, and have only used megabytes for images, audios, videos and documents. The largest amount of storage (86 GB) is being taken up by  "other".  Apps and system equal around 40 GB. What the heck is other, and what can I do about it?

5 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Open my files and check the trash
0 Likes
tysmellsogood
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You need to clear app caches
0 Likes
Je655
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Device settings>device care>storage
What does it say is using the most room on this menu?
If your apps are taking up the most room you might want to uninstall or clear the data/cache for apps you don't use often (make sure if you clear data to backup anything important in that app)
Device settings>apps>3 dots>sort by>size>review each app starting from the largest.
0 Likes
david77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Who's this
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can see how this issue can be problematic. I would recommend that you go into your settings and check your storage on your phone. From there you'll be able to see what is taking up your space and delete or install what's necessary from there. If that isn't enough the next step I would recommend that you clear the cache partition on your phone. Here are the steps to do so. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes