JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Strange Train Notification Sound Won't Go Away!!

(Topic created on: 12/15/18 3:45 PM)
MemeJae
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey all. I REALLY need some help here. I have a S9 Plus and it has been sounding off this super annoying railroad train horn sound. It goes Choo, Choo! I have not 1 train notification sound built in to my phone and I have not downloaded any notification sounds, ever. Right now as I'm writing this, it is sounding like every 5 -10 minutes. I don't have the accessibility notification reminder setting on or anything. I even went to the settings and turned off and blocked all notifications. I will keep playing with it to see if anything else helps, but this sound is literally driving me up the wall. It started around a month or so ago and will not go away. I have started back some of my notifications little by little, but at night I use Do Not Disturb, but a while after it was enabled, I heard the train whistle again! It just blew a few seconds ago and I only have a few app notifications back enabled. It's ridiculous. Again, there is No Such notification on my phone. I even downloaded Unnotification which tells me every notification that happens But when the train whistle sounds, nothing. I can't find any information on it under Unnotification. Suggestions?? Please help! I've had it with this noise. Please. Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MemeJae
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok, well. Thanks for not answering,..anybody. I figured it out myself. Solved. 

View solution in context

13 Replies
Solution
MemeJae
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok, well. Thanks for not answering,..anybody. I figured it out myself. Solved. 

View solution in context

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does this happen when your device is in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

MemeJae
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I didn't know how to put in safe mode, though I could've googled it of course. Instead I kept trying various ways to try to eliminate it and finally just did a reset. However I didn't reinstall everything and through a couple of Google searches, and with some help from the unnotification app, I figured out it was FitCloud. It's a app that goes with my fitness watch from Amazon. So that's the culprit of the world's most annoying train whistle. Maybe it'll help the next person with their issue. I'm just glad I didn't wait for answers and thank goodness I'm a little tech savvy enough. So if anyone has a issue with a annoying train whistle notification, this might be your issue if you have the FitCloud app on your cell. 

userWP0i8BwwIo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did you have to uninstall it?

0 Likes
MemeJae
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I actually reset the whole phone eventually. Only because I'd tried every way I knew of to silence any notifications and reset the settings and it still sounded. I didn't uninstall anything, just finally decided to reset it. Shortly after I reset it and was setting it up, I was updating apps on my Mom's phone and heard the train whistle. We have the same watch and FitCloud app on both phones. She literally has no other apps besides built in apps, so I knew it had to be Fitcloud, plus it had a ongoing notification in the pull down notification window. She constantly has her phone on silent die to work, that's why she never heard it. But once I turned the volume up, it sounded at least 3-4 times in about 10 or 15 minutes. So then I decided NOT to reinstall it on my phone. I just now reinstalled it last night so I'll see if it does the same thing. If so, THIS TIME, I'll just uninstall it! Hope this helps others!!

userNe8TYfjtMk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

thank you I have been having the same problem. Did you uninstall the fit app. It is really annoying and I want to fix it. Thank you

0 Likes
userVcuYPMJYUo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much for that as I too have been trying to go through over 100 apps trying to figure out which one had a train whistle for a notification and I could find nothing! I do have the Fit Cloud watch and app! So the only thing I was unclear of is which one to unclick as I still want to be able to receive my calls and texts notifications between my watch and phone.  I finally decided to turn off the DISCONNECT REMINDER because that was the only other one that was not off besides my texts and calls.  Besides I was sure that had to be it because it seemed to hear that train whistle every time I left the room and I jokingly told people that I thought my phone had separation anxiety! Now I'm thinking that was pretty much it!

0 Likes
usertGywp9vUTu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What did you do to get rid of it? I have a Ssmsug A50 that does the same

0 Likes
Precious4life
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The same thing is happening to me with my note 8 and my samsung 8+ I don't have a watch connected.