cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Swollen battery on s7 and seperated back

Here's the story.  On June 27th, the back of my phone seperated and the battery swollen.  I contactacted Samsung customer service and explained the situation.  The woman that I spoke to told me that the phone was out or warranty but because it was a known product defect that she was going to extend the warrany and that she would be sending me out a box to return the phone to be serviced and that it would take approximately 3-5 days.  I never received that box or anything else.  So, on July 6, I contacted customer service for a 2nd time and spoke to a man that told me that he was so sorry and that he was going to expidite the order and that I would receive a box from UPS within 2 days.  I never received said box or anything else.  This morning, July 10th, I contacted customer service for the 3rd time and this time asked to speak to a supervisor.  I explained the situation to the supervisor and once again, she tells me that I will receive a box TODAY.  I get an email with a shipping label and guess what is on that label.  OUT OF WARRANTY.  So, which is it?  Is Samsung going to help me resolve this issue fairly or am I going to be be getting a bill from Samsung to repair a phone with a known defect?  How long does this take?  It has been almost 2 weeks since my first call to Samsung and I am still sitting here with a busted phone that I purchased directly from Samsung less than 2 years ago, 3 calls to customer service and I am on the brink of completely being done with any and all Samsung products.  HELP ME PLEASE!  I purchased this phone so that I could link it to my Samsung tablet as I am almost blind and rely heavily on my mobile devices.  Please, please help.  I cannot drive and this is becoming more than upsetting.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Swollen battery on s7 and seperated back

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have your ticket number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.