Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bembel
Asteroid

Sync (a)calendar from S3 to tablet without internet connection

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all,

please excuse my bad english :-)

My aunt has a wall mountet tablet with aCalendar and a dementia software (DementiaDigitalDiary) running all day (day, time, special events..).
I want to sync my "aunts calendar" from my S3 by bluetooth/USB/ ??  with the tablet (Noname with OS Android 5.1). No Internet acces possible!!!
I need this solution because the tablet is wall mountet and inconvenient to handle.

(I think aCalendar uses Google calendar in background.)

Thank you very much,

best

Harry

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bembel
Asteroid

Re: Sync (a)calendar from S3 to tablet without internet connection

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello SamsungJuan,
your question is very kind. Unfortunally there is no chance to check it out (for the moment). Tablet and S3 are after installing the "System" at the wall not at the same place.
So I will click Accept as Solution to close my question.
ASAP I´ll try it out and report.
Thanks a lot,
best
Bembel
6 REPLIES 6
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @Bembel

That does sound like a quite interesting situation. If you are able to provide some type of WiFi or data connection to the tablet. The option may be able to sync your Google Calendar to this device. Please check with the Manufacturer of the Tablet for options that may be available. 

Additionally, depending on the model and carrier of your device. The option to for tethering may be available.

This will be located under Settings -> Under Wireless and Network select More Settings -> Tethering and Portable Hotspot -> Choose either Portable WiFi Hotspot (For Using your device as a Wireless modem) or Bluetooth Tethering(For use of sharing an internet connection with a bluetooth paired device). Allowing you to share an internet connection. 

To pair a device using bluetooth, Please enable Bluetooth on both devices and on the S3 you will tap and hold the Bluetooth icon from the drop screen. This will take you to another menu, and here you will pair to the tablet if visible. This will then ask you to cofirm the passcode on both devices. 

Bembel
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I `ll check the bluetooth solution but I am not shure if the calendar sync´s without internet connection.
Thanks so far
harry
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just wanted to check in! By chance did the bluetooth information help at all? Feel free to update with what may have worked, or if anything at all. If still persisting, by all means let us know and we'll continue to help with troubleshooting steps.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Bembel
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi,
sorry i was ill and there was no time to test it.
My device and the tablet are not in the same town.
I ´ll check it asap and let you know. And yes, the "problem" is still persisting.
Best
Harry

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, @Bembel

I am writing you today to ask if you are in need of any other assistance?

Bembel
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello SamsungJuan,
your question is very kind. Unfortunally there is no chance to check it out (for the moment). Tablet and S3 are after installing the "System" at the wall not at the same place.
So I will click Accept as Solution to close my question.
ASAP I´ll try it out and report.
Thanks a lot,
best
Bembel