Galaxy S Phones
Best app to sync my calendar with my desktop Outlook 365. Thanks
0 Likes
4 Replies
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Do you have the outlook app on your phone?
0 Likes
nancylee
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No .. the calendar app that came with the phone
0 Likes
Chereena25
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I use Outlook on my desktop to manage all calendar events. They are created (sent from or accepted) all from the same Gmail email address.  When I sync the Outlook calendar to the native calendar app on my Samsung phone, only about 1/3 of the events populate.  I have identified no obvious rule as to why some populate and others don't.  I have spent about 5 hours on the phone with Samsung, Microsoft and Google.  The only thing everyone agreed on was that they believe the issue is related to the fact that I have a Gmail account that I am using in a Microsoft (Outlook) app.

Does anyone have an insight into this or know how I can get all of my content to populate on my phone?  I recently retired after always using my work calendar as my calendar of record and it synced across all of my devices.  Now I am trying to have the same experience while using an Android phone and a Microsoft platform laptop.

Thank you.

Cherie A Martin Irwin
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, welcome to the community! I understand your concerns on this situation and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with you. 

If you are having trouble adding your Outlook calendar to the Samsung calendar app, you can try syncing your Outlook calendar with your Google calendar, then syncing your Google calendar with the Samsung calendar app.

In order to sync your Outlook calendar with your Google calendar you will first need to copy its ICS address. Follow the steps below to find out how:

From a computer, sign in to your Outlook calendar

Click the Settings icon at the top right of the screen, then click "View all Outlook settings".

Click "Calendar", then "Shared calendars".

In the "Publish a calendar" section, select the calendar you wish to share, then choose whether to share all details or just whether you are busy, then select "Publish"

Click the ICS link, then click "Copy link"

Next add your Outlook calendar to your Google calendar:

Open Google Calendar on your computer

On the left, click the + next to "Other calendars" then click "from URL"

Paste your Outlook calendar's ICS address, then click "Add calendar"

It may take a few minutes to import your Outlook calendar. Once complete, your Outlook calendar will have been added to your Google calendar

Finally add and sync your Google calendar to your Samsung calendar:

Open the Samsung calendar app on your Galaxy smartphone or tablet

Tap the Menu icon

If you have already added your Google calendar to the Samsung calendar app, tap "Sync now"

If you have not already added your Google account, tap "Manage calendars”

Tap + to add a new calendar

Select "Google" and then follow the instructions to sign in to your account and add your Google calendar. Then select “Sync now” to update the calendar

Check to make sure that your Google calendar is displaying. If you cannot see it, tap the Menu icon, then tap the down arrow next to your Google account to make sure that "Calendar" is selected

0 Likes