cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYh3wb7jbJ3
Constellation

Re: System UI has stopped Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank You so much it worked! I wish I didn't listen to customer service when they told me to reboot my phone because now all my data is lost 

useriUfOxDfaWA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much, brother. This helped me too. I was thinking it has something to do with system files, rooting and all that stuff, but no, the problem was solved by simply uninstalling the Google app updates. You saved my day.

usergD8GDP2zw5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please always remember !!! If an application stops working ??? Try to reset it in various ways...Either remove the application and re-install saving your data  or delete the application back to factory settings saving your data ...Factory resetting your device , phone , tablet or whatever device you own ahould always be  a last resort , also saving your data ...Rule out every other possibility first for your device....

userRdiFuvguJv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bro how do I ? Cuz everytime I try to open setting and uninstall Google update it started showing the same again and again ..can anybody please tell??

userj5j3JWAJOO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much! Going to sign in to my email just to thank you

userqyzvWs8tFv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went through several pages of troubleshooting advice, youtube videos, booting to recovery mode, clearing caches and so on... this was the only thing that fixed the problem. Thank you!

Highlighted
user8w6T4ERmYm
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Recently update my Moto G4 plus device android marshmallow to nougat 7.0. After update, I show the error message “Unfortunately, System UI has stopped” on nougat screen. Most of all this unfortunately system UI has stopped error on android device due to firmware update, third party apps or launcher, error on system interface and more. 

I will show you 4 different methods to fix unfortunately system UI has stopped error on android phone or tablet

userLY1JaoxXWO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks so much! It worked.

Question- it says in Play Store in "my apps and games" that Google now needs updating (since I uninstalled the Google updates).  When will it be OK to update it, when it won't cause the problem again? Also, since I uninstalled the updates, my phone is not showing me any updates for apps. Not sure what to do now.

userRDx96OKPWh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello guys help me!! my system UI crashed i have tried several things from  https://thedroidguy.com/2018/10/fix-samsung-galaxy-s7-unfortunately-system-ui-stopped-error-1059271 but it isnt working i have made alot of reservations for my trips on an OTA please i cant access it as i used my phone for my schedule also several minutes of my meetings are on the phone i dont want to loose my files

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The cause seems to be that SystemUI has lost its permission to draw on top of other apps, either due to a manual application permission reset or because of an update or rogue app which reset permissions. This should fix it: 

Open Settings 
Open Application Manager 
Tap the three white dots in the top right 
Select "Apps that can appear on top" 
Tap the three white dots in the top right again 
Select "Show system apps" 
Scroll down to SystemUI and change it from "Off" to "On"