Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello

0 Likes
userosXYBmZH69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have tried changing this setting and a few others. Still cannot get the phone to make a sound when a text arrives. It was work working when I got the phone. I turned it off temporarily at work and turned it back on later in the day. Phone has not made a sound on message arrival since no matter what settings I select. This is an unlocked S8 purchased directly from Samsung 3 weeks ago. Seems to be a software bug.

0 Likes
user8nEJb0ivNP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I solved the notifications not working on my Galaxy S8.  No matter what I tried I could not get the text notifications to work on my phone.  All notifications were allowed at every place in the phone possible.  I have tried every fix posted on the Samsung forums and on the web and none of them worked.  I did not do a factory reset I read that doesn't always fix the issue.  Yesterday, I downloaded Textra to test it and still the notifications didn't work.   I downloaded the Chomp Text app and my notifications are working again properly.  Solved at least for me.  Best of Luck. 

0 Likes
userMxVoqE396T
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

After trying all these fixes here, and wasting 2 hrs, I finally installed Chomp SMS and the message sound returned on my S8   ....frustrating😠

0 Likes
userQt8JxaAjuO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey any idea about how to get a message preview on the home and lock screen. My text messages show up as an icon but Viber and messenger only show at the top when unlock and go into the phone.

0 Likes
usery5qhdsd2S0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is not a solution. All settings are as shown in the video and still no notification sounds. Unable to even preview the sounds in the default messaging app.  Please investigate this further as it's unacceptable for a flagship phone to have this issue.

user0mEqgr79cB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Worked perfect.. 

Thank you..!! 

0 Likes
userfOcns7abjl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I followed the instruktion but still i have problem with the message notification. Still dont working.
ladylove99
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the same problem for a week.  I reset my app preferences by going to settings>apps>3dots on top right>reset app preferences.  Then I went back in and set up the apps I wanted notifications from.  I started getting notifications from all apps, but there was no sound.  I have the CM Security Master app on my phone, it was giving me notifications as well.  I clicked on the notification, it took me inside the app.  I then clicked on "NOTIFICATION CLEANER" then click on settings in top right corner.  Turn On>Apps-Don't Disturb>ALL of my apps were checked.  This is why I wasn't getting any notifications at all.  I unchecked the apps I wanted to get notifications from and it has been working fine.  Remind you If you have the CM Security Master App, this could be the problem.  It was for me.