JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Text audio alert in only heard if connected to external blue tooth speaker

(Topic created: 03-08-2020 02:40 PM)
userILdQFg2iws
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Until a month or 2 ago, my S8 play an audio notification through the phone speaker when incoming text messages occurred.   Now my phone only vibrates for incoming texts, which is not very helpful when my phone is holstered.  I have done everything I have found regarding activating audio notifications, and my phone is set up to do....but no audio notifications are occuring.   I did notice that the audio alerts can be heard if I have my phone connected to my external bluetooth speaker, heard from the bluetooth speaker.  I've tried disabling bluetooth, but that didn't help with audio notification through the phone speaker.   I'm looking for some help with this issue.  I have missed many important text messages, because I pretty much have to look at my phone to know if I have a new text.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userILdQFg2iws
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Your problem is a bit different than mine, but I did finally determine what was happening for my situation. 

In Settings/Apps/Messages/Notification/New Messages/Sound, while not apparent to do so,  I found the volume control buttons can be used to set the notification volume.  Mine was set to mute.  I set it to maximum volume and all is well for me.   I don't know how I ever muted the feature.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the A20 and the same problem. If I am connected via bluetooth to my car, I cannot get notifications.

0 Likes
Solution
userILdQFg2iws
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Your problem is a bit different than mine, but I did finally determine what was happening for my situation. 

In Settings/Apps/Messages/Notification/New Messages/Sound, while not apparent to do so,  I found the volume control buttons can be used to set the notification volume.  Mine was set to mute.  I set it to maximum volume and all is well for me.   I don't know how I ever muted the feature.

View solution in context

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userILdQFg2iws Just to clarify, when you have your Bluetooth headphones connected to your device the notification sounds is only coming through the headset not the device is that correct?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userILdQFg2iws
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

"Just to clarify, when you have your Bluetooth headphones connected to your device the notification sounds is only coming through the headset not the device is that correct?"

Yes, when I had the problem, the message notification was on heard through the headset, or in my case through the external Bose bluetooth speaker.

0 Likes
momya55
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Was there ever a solution to this problem? I am experiencing the same thing with my a51g.
0 Likes