Original topic:

Text messages disappeared

(Topic created: 06-19-2021 09:31 AM)
MellyDew
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just tried to open my text messages on my S10 to send a message but they were being glitchy. Jumping up and down. So I closed the app and re-opened it and all my text messages were gone. Completely everything apart from a draft message. I restarted my phone but they are all still gone. Can anyone help?

2 Replies
userawfuqM3xrp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ç

.y
0 Likes
Jw-83
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Do you have a Samsung account? If so, did you back your phone up with it? If the answer is yes and you selected your messages to be backed up, you should be able to restore them up until the date of the last back up. If you have not done so yet, I would suggest creating a Samsung account and using it to back up your phone. I use that as well as Google for my phone back ups. They may overlap with some things but they also offer different features. Google will back up most things, but I often find that some phone contacts didn't restore. Samsung account will back up contacts, message, home screen, settings, themes, apps, etc. so that when you restore it your phone will look exactly as you had it and you will only need to sign back into your apps. This is the case even when you're switching phones but want the same home screen and layout that you had on your old one.
0 Likes