Original topic:

Text messages to more than 10 people

(Topic created: 07-01-2021 03:57 PM)
kasa05
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
How do I enable replying to a text message when more than 10 people are on the thread? Currently, I am unable to do so.
4 Replies
Umana2482
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So what you are saying is that by replying to the messaging group your messages are sent individual instead as a group?
0 Likes
SDW3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No, if there are more than 10 recipients you can not send a message out at all to the group.
0 Likes
Umana2482
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That is very odd. There is nothing to enable, group messaging should be sent automatically.
Have you tried clearing the cache on the message app?
Have you tried resetting your phone? ( Backup your data first)
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones

could you share your device's model number, software version and the carrier you are with?

i haven't had to send texts to 10+ people at once in a group message, but I want to take a guess and say it's something the carrier can help. Just an assumption but I feel like the carrier could limit the group messaging to lighten the load on their server or something, so check if it's allowed in the first place... if they say it should work, then what you can do is submit an error report using Samsung Members after opening up the messages/chat again to try replying... providing screen recording or snapshots would certainly help.

0 Likes