Hi, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this with your messages, and can understand the frustration. Try these steps:
1. Go to Messages app
2. Click 3 dots icon
3. Click Settings
4. Click More Settings
5. Click Text Messages
6. Enable "Show when delivered"
Additionally, you can try wiping your device's cache partition. The steps to do so are:
Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.
- Ensure the device is powered off.
If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
- While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
- Select wipe cache partition.
Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
- Select reboot system now.
Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.
Finally, if those two do not help, try operating your phone in Safe Mode, to see if a third-party application is to blame. The steps for that can be found here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/
Please let me know if this helps.