JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Themes not applying to contacts or message screens

(Topic created on: 12/2/19 9:34 AM)
Pann70
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This started out of the blue a couple of days ago, all of the themes seem to be affected,  so thinking it must be a problem with my phone. (S9). When applying a theme, the messages and contacts screens remain white. I have tried to clear out the cache and even data from theme store, rebooting and redownloading themes, nothing seems to work. I have a lot of money tied up in these, not to mention it just doesn't look nice or appealing to have the white amongst rest of the theme. Anyone else? I have also had problems with themes and icons not downloading at all, get an error screen.  I have excellent wifi coverage,  so that's not the problem.  Very frustrated right now.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Samsung_u0U7WYy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a note 10+ and was having this same issue and getting very annoyed,  I read around and as soon as i took my phone off dark mode my themes started working properly.  I hope this helps you out

userOdTYMYOYBV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Cool, saved with 3 hairs left in my head! Thank you for sharing your fix - problem fixed here using your fix

userNU7xO25drn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This actually worked. Thank you! 

user5wFjUGbo6r
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks this really helped me, glad I read your comment before I started crying out of anger lol.

PunkyLove
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Worked perfectly! thanks!
userGPWPoUKGeP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much.  I tried all the complicated things that everyone wrote and then I saw this and turned off dark mode and BINGO  I now see my messages in a fun format.  

0 Likes
skivvys20
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
wow thanks.... that worked for me.
0 Likes
userjC2jttRX6M
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This fixed it.  Thank you! 

0 Likes
user2pzPoS54EG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If your phone is on dark mode it will work once you turn dark mode off.

0 Likes
Samsung_BP5rYU5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have an s20 ultra and it's a new problem. Even when I do all that it'll go back to blank out of the blue. If I reboot it'll work for a little while than POOF, it's not working. I've had galaxy's for years now and NEVER had this problem. Text themes are important to me as I text so often and much of the appeal of the galaxy's

0 Likes