JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Themes not applying to contacts or message screens

(Topic created on: 12/2/19 9:34 AM)
Pann70
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This started out of the blue a couple of days ago, all of the themes seem to be affected,  so thinking it must be a problem with my phone. (S9). When applying a theme, the messages and contacts screens remain white. I have tried to clear out the cache and even data from theme store, rebooting and redownloading themes, nothing seems to work. I have a lot of money tied up in these, not to mention it just doesn't look nice or appealing to have the white amongst rest of the theme. Anyone else? I have also had problems with themes and icons not downloading at all, get an error screen.  I have excellent wifi coverage,  so that's not the problem.  Very frustrated right now.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
34 Replies
Ebailey
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This is the same issue I am having with my note 10 +.

Is there a resolution to fix as I have quite a bit of money ties up with my personalization.
0 Likes
DillanS20plus
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
On my galaxy S20+ I use SwiftKey keyboard instead of standard Samsung keyboard. My themes also don't apply to my messages & contacts but usually if I switch to Samsung keyboard & apply the theme &/or restart phone quick, it applies the theme & i can then switch back to my keyboard of choice
0 Likes
Vina211
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I found the solution
I'm using note 20 ultra and i was having that same problem .
The issue is dark mode, you turn it off and the theme works everywhere
userVgQBX6LHWn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This is the only thing that actually worked. thank you
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes