Original topic:

Threat of loss of Samsung Cloud photos 2021

(Topic created: 07-22-2021 01:40 AM)
userSyY1t2FjQm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have been getting daily notices of "download by 7/31/2021 or lose it" from Samsung to my Galaxy s7 with ever increasing urgency. I tried to do it as instructed but got an error and was told to try again later.

I would think that the Cloud would be routinely  synced with my phone, but how can I be sure? 

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW, I did search the topic here and found a early 2020 thread that has been declared solved and closed.  

0 Likes
4 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userSyY1t2FjQm the photo and video backups to Samsung cloud are ending. If you have photos or videos on Samsung cloud which are not on your phone, you need to download them before access ends. 

Gallery on your phone will continue to operate as before. What is changing is that you can no longer backup those items to Samsung cloud. You can configure to back them up automatically to OneDrive. Or use Google Photos or another service to do a backup. 

0 Likes
iamerror
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If you have a Google account then back everything up to Google drive. Or you can use Microsofts One Drive
msria
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
How do I back up to Google account 🤔
0 Likes
philb04
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
just go on Google setup a gmail acct thru Google. can Google it. kinda pia but gotta do it if u use an Android phone.. right.. Google is owner developer king of Android os.
its just huge war between Apple and Google now
0 Likes