cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MB9251
Asteroid

Time zone changes by itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the time and date set on automatic but sometimes it changes to the East Coast for no reason I have to manually reset it back to the Pacific time zone any solutions?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MB9251
Asteroid

Re: Time zone changes by itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The phone and apps are all up to date, I have cleared the cache, but have not run Safe Mode. I'll mark "Accept Solution" unless I have more problems. Thank you for the help.

6 REPLIES 6
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @MB9251
I certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can the Community have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

MB9251
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sure, Thank you for the reply. I have a Samsung SM-G950U and the Baseband Version is: G950USQS1AQ16 with Verizon service

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Short of having to manually set it back, have you tried any other troubleshooting steps to try and correct/prevent this?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

MB9251
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I restarted the phone and when it rebooted the correct time zone came up but within seconds it switch to the East Coast time. I didn't know of any other solution to try other than the restart.
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let's try some other troubleshooting steps, just let me know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here.  
  4. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

MB9251
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The phone and apps are all up to date, I have cleared the cache, but have not run Safe Mode. I'll mark "Accept Solution" unless I have more problems. Thank you for the help.