Original topic:

TimeZoneDataQ error 'Couldn't install app'

(Topic created: 11-22-2020 04:54 AM)
userwYezeEWn7M
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

Tried to update Galaxy apps today and an update returned an error for TimeZoneDataQ. It reads, "Couldn't install app TimeZoneDataQ is already installed on your phone. Uninstall it to install this version." This app doesn't show in Apps. Anyone know what it does? Have you experienced this error message? What did you do to correct for it? Any help you can offer is appreciated.

Please stay safe and well.

userwYezeEWn7M
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks much

RamRod82
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You're welcomed.
0 Likes
userLFJyZ9WYkW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi. Thanks for the solution. Does it matter which Samsung Time Zone app you uninstall? One of them is version1.0.04.4 and the other is 1.0.01.0. The version that won't update from the Samsung store is 1.0.02.0, which is inbetween the ones on there already.

Thank you.

0 Likes
RamRod82
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Don't worry about the versions. Once you follow the instructions and then go back to the Samsung store to update the Samsung Time Zone app everything will be ok. But follow the instructions step by step and you're good to go.
0 Likes
userLFJyZ9WYkW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you.

RamRod82
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You're welcomed.
0 Likes
userN0OS6d7Uf1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks very much for this - this has sorted my Galaxy Tab S4 as well.

(I do hope this is the first and last time I see such clumsy update implementation by Samsung...)

RamRod82
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You're welcomed.
0 Likes
user2KFP48tFUO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
thanks it really workes
Hank
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This fix was straightforward and easy to follow. It worked exactly like the instructions said it would. Thanks very much for the help.