JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Too many bugs on One UI 3

(Topic created on: 3/4/21 11:11 AM)
life_is_too_sho
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
There are too many bugs on One UI 3 and I wanna go back to 2.5. I'm on a Galaxy S10+. The screen won't auto rotate despite the setting turned on. The screen brightness won't be affected when light level changes in the environment I'm in. The navigation gestures are slower because they don't fire soon as I slide my finger up but fire when I lift up the finger. It's just really annoying. I sped up the animations through developer mode but that only helps a tiny bit.

#oneui3, #bugs, #slow, #oneui2.5, #s10plus, #s10+

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

There is no authorized way to revert back to a previous update.

I would try wiping the system cache partition on your device to see if that helps any. Doing this is perfectly safe and this step is always good to do after an update.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them, and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

There is no authorized way to revert back to a previous update.

I would try wiping the system cache partition on your device to see if that helps any. Doing this is perfectly safe and this step is always good to do after an update.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them, and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

View solution in context

life_is_too_sho
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you. I will try this.
0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You're welcome! Keep me posted on the outcome.

0 Likes
life_is_too_sho
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
After wiping the cache, the auto brightness and the auto rotate seem to be working fine. The gestures are still slow but I understand that's a software implementation. I'll get used to it eventually. Thanks for the help.
0 Likes
Incog
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
the android web view cache will not solve the screen from auto rotate . only a restart will resolve that. I reported that issue along with others in the beta program, but I see it was never addressed
0 Likes
life_is_too_sho
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I wiped the cache anyways. Couldn't have hurt. I'm sure a restart would have solved the issue like you suggested. Next time the phone starts to act up I'll simply do that. Thanks for the tip.
0 Likes