JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trade-in Requirement not met.

(Topic created: 05-17-2021 09:38 AM)
Porcoline
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just got an email saying my trade-in requirement was not met. Their reason was that my device was not reset, even though I factory resetted it, and I even recorded it when I turned my phone back on briefly before packaging it. 

They also sent me two photos of the phone with some hard-board papers with words "Locked," and "Cracked" on it. Yes, my phone is "Locked," because I bought it full price from T-mobile. But they didn't ask me or request for an unlocked phone. 

Also, I am beyond mad that they implied my phone was cracked. I've always used screen protector and case, and when I took them off to send in my phone, there weren't even a speckle of dust or scratch. No smudges. It looked brand new. 

So, I think Samsung is doing this on purpose to scam us that $550 because they probably will have trouble refurbishing phones and reselling them. 

12 Replies
user4eB1v6qWVB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same thing said I didn't check blacklist oh really bought directly from Samsung also said camera had crack not showing up on my pictures including day of sending in! So I traded in 9+ and won't be doing business again I should have known at my age this was a scam nice way to treat loyal customers my phone was in perfect shape should have stuck with Best Buy won't be dealing Samsung again almost bought a tablet but saved myself on that one.

SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user4eB1v6qWVB I recommend reaching out to ECommerce. They can be reached 1-855-726-8721

0 Likes
Ebonyeyes339
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

me too,  I was set to factory reset , and I don't know what thave to do with Google reset and my phone not Crack  but they sent me the photo that my phone was Crack, and after the phone had shipped to me. my phone was not cracked at all.   they are scam.