JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trade-in program question S10/S10+/S10e

(Topic created: 02-25-2019 03:40 PM)
userAUmPJdZmMG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I didnt see detailed directions for sending in my trade in phone. What is the process. do they give you a shipping label when you receive your new phone? What sort of package should I use to return etc.

78 Replies
sidd
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you plan to trade-in, I highley suggest you to not trade-in with Samsung. If you are trading it for the new Galaxy S10 series, go to Best Buy. They are offering 550 dollars off for the Galaxy S9/S9+ and the Note 9. Also an additional 50 to 100 dollars off if you activate a new line.

Trust me - never trade-in with Samsung as last year lot of people got ripped off. The fine print in the trade-in with Samsung says if your phone does not meet our standards, they will keep the phone and you will be liable to pay for the difference in price. Go to best buy or B&H photo.

userzv5hWmvj21
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your explanation,i really appreciate your comment...

@sidd wrote:

If you plan to trade-in, I highley suggest you to not trade-in with Samsung. If you are trading it for the new Galaxy S10 series, go to Best Buy. They are offering 550 dollars off for the Galaxy S9/S9+ and the Note 9. Also an additional 50 to 100 dollars off if you activate a new line.

Trust me - never trade-in with Samsung as last year lot of people got ripped off. The fine print in the trade-in with Samsung says if your phone does not meet our standards, they will keep the phone and you will be liable to pay for the difference in price. Go to best buy or B&H photo.

@sidd wrote:

0 Likes
userciakC8Skn7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Spouse and I have s9's we bought early last May.  One upgrade eligibility page said 10 days away from upgrade, but our accounts pages say 70 days.  Can we order s10's to finance and still trade in our s9's for credit without using Samsung Upgrade?  Does that break T&C?

Also, the phones and Samsung financing accounts are completely paid off (if that even matters).

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I would recommend reaching out to our E-Commerce department directly at, 1-855-726-8721. You'll be in good hands there. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userFKVQ209cOA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I just saw that I get a good trade in value for my s9, but I don't know how it works all to well. I know  I have to ship it in, but I want to know if I were to go to a say, Best Buy, would they also follow the same trade in policies as the official samsung store?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I would recommend reaching out to our E-commerce team directly at 1-855-726-8721 for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userc3q20ChEQN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was wondering if it's possible to order two S10 and do two trade ins on the same pre-order. It would be for my wife and I and we both want to upgrade to the S10 plus. 

user7rIi7eXVMa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm trying to do the same thing, upgrade and trade in our old s8+ phones.

I want to put both phones on the same financing account. You have to do 1 pre order today and then the other 24 hours later in the same account. 

0 Likes
user7rIi7eXVMa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok just confirmed with Samsung rep. Via phone

You would have to get the phones shipped to different addresses (1 at home, 1 at work, etc).

If their  both shipped to the same address, then the 1st phone will ship out and have to wait for the 1st trade in to process (about 5 days after sending trade in) to fully process. Once the 1st trade in is fully processed, they won't ship out the 2nd phone.

Hope this helps. May be best to reconfirm with another phone rep.

0 Likes
userc3q20ChEQN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Man that sounds odd lol. I wish they made it easier. I'm going to email them and will report what I hear back. 

0 Likes