cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCGdzMIMHiV
Constellation

Trade-in program question

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to make use of the trade-in program when buying the S8. It says I will get $200 discount if I send in my S5.

These criteria have to be met:

·       Powers on and holds a charge;
·       Has a functioning display;
·       Has no breaks or cracks or other visible defects that go beyond normal wear and tear; AND
·       Is not on a black list of any kind;

I would say my S5 lives up to all these requirements. However, there is a scratch/crack on the glass in front of the back-camera, but it doesn't affect taking photos at all, as it's below the lens. Also, the flap at the bottom on the phone which protects the charging port has fallen off.

I REALLY don't want to send in my S5 only to get a $25 discount instead of $200.

Can anybody tell me if my S5 will give me the $200 discount or not? 

Thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Trade-in program question

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @userCGdzMIMHiV

I would suggest looking over the FAQ for that promo which you can find HERE There is also a phone number at the end of the FAQ that you can reach out to if it doesn't answer your question fully. Those at that number will best be able to help out.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @userCGdzMIMHiV

I would suggest looking over the FAQ for that promo which you can find HERE There is also a phone number at the end of the FAQ that you can reach out to if it doesn't answer your question fully. Those at that number will best be able to help out.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

user3UlJIfalNb
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
How long after our device is received will we get confirmation that it is accepted? I am waiting 3 weeks
userrVJpwKn3zH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
hi, did you get your discount?
userM4jFa0qtUH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

' don"do it,

Bought S8+  in sale for $ 700 with a 300 trade in,150 rigth away and $ 150 When my note 5 was validated in good condition.

After 3 months SAmsung told me:

phone was $ 850 and they give  the $ 300 rigth away.

Really?They stoled me $ 150.

Take a picture of your trade in from your computer for proof.

Better to sell in ebay.

Thank you Samsung!

Nam123456
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I’m still waiting. It’s 02/02/2018. I purchased on 10/01/2017

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Alejandra calderon
Nam123456
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you help me get my 300$ for the lg g4 I sent in for trade in for s8+?
My ticket number is 579086.
I sent device in October. No refund. Nobody helps . It’s 02/02/2017 

useruYbsWxBLuv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would not recommend the trade-in program.  I bought a Galaxy S8+ because of the trade-in offer.  I sent in an iPhone 5, Clean, restored to original, and then updated, with original box, all accessories, no cracks or scratches, always in a case with a screen protector. I even had it inspected and tested by Sprint and they gave it a 9.5 out of 10, basically due to smudges from the protective case. Well, a few weeks after I sent it back to Samsung, I got an email saying that it was not acceptable due to "Normal Wear and Tear" condition was not met and they would not return it. I called the Sprint Store and told them and they couldn't believe it. They ran the MEID in their system and guess what? The phone has already been activated. So basically, Samsung stole my phone, told me it wasn't acceptable for a trade-in, wouldn't return it, then turned around and sold it and someone else is using it. This program is a scam.

Nam123456
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I sent my lg g4 for the trade in program as did my sister. We both got s8+. She got the 300$ refund in December after numerous calls. 

Me; I’m still on call. No money. Nobody helping. And nobody knows what’s going on. 

They keep telling me somebody will reach out to me. Yes !! Nobody does. It’s around joke. 

Eveytime its 5-7 business days . I heard this since October. I’m open to any ideas. Samsung doesn’t respond on Facebook. They only reply to applauses and good comments. 

Can anybody help !!!!?