cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVpeDzcXXII
Constellation

Re: Transfer themes to new phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm trying to transfer my theme from my S7 to the new S10. Apparently it didn't transfer like all of the other files did. So I went to the theme store and nowhere was a list of my themes. I even tried to find my current S7 theme but it wasn't there. Is there anyway to transfer the S7 theme to the S10 by using the USB cable and Smart Switch?
userHwNd2WZxCM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Open the Galaxy Themes app and click on the person icon.  It opens the My Page menu which lists among other item a "Purchased items" selection.  Click on that and your previously purchased items are shown and can be downloaded.

userVpeDzcXXII
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The theme on my S7 either came with the phone or was a free theme as it is not listed in the area you described.  I also can't find the same theme anywhere in the themes app.  I suspect that given the difference in screen size my old theme wouldn't work anyway.

The reason I like it is it had a very good contrast between letters and backgrounds like black letters on orange background in the message text area.  The default for the S10 in this same area was a light gray on a white background?????  You can barely read it.  Most of the themes are the same like black letters on a dark blue background which is very hard to read.  Why are themes made this way?  
userJeP6PIGPc0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello I am using the same galaxy account but with no scucess. Any other suggestions for this?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You have to be signed into the same Samsung account that was used to purchase the themes, on your current device. If you press and hold a blank area of your homescreen to open up Themes, touch on the profile image in the top corner. There should be an option for Purchased Items. From there you should be able to redownload the previous themes. Please let me know if you are successful. 

user2BMYfVImbK
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What about using Samsung Smart switch app on pc to do a backup, then restore on the new device? Wonder if Samsung Smart Switch app backs up themes and wallpapers from Samsung Themes app? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can tell you smart switch does not transfer themes. I just got my new phone today and ALL my themes are gone. I came here trying to find a solution. 

userDubBXiIyWL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You may try Samsung Data Recovery,it can scan all of your data automatically and list them on the computer,then you can preview and recover them.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What app/program is best to try this? I downloaded  one from Coolmuster that was recommended on Samsung, but it only does the deep recovery if the device is rooted!