Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ojait2
Constellation

Transferring phone contacts to Galaxy S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've just recently got my S7 activated and working. I'm still figuring out all it's workings. My old phone was a SGH-A737 which I had from day 1 (2007). My problem is with all the phone numbers I've saved for 10 years.  Is it possible to transferr them to the S7? They are on a 2Gb memory card in the phone. I can connect the SGH to my laptop and access it with Studio 7. I was able to establish a Bluetooth connection between the two, but the SGH freezes when I ask it to browes the S7. I have my phonebook contents on my lap top as a .vcf file, but I'm not sure the S7 will recognize this type. I'd hate to have to re-type everything into the S7. Thanks for any suggestions. -Tony 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ojait2
Constellation

Re: Transferring phone contacts to Galaxy S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So the answer to this perdicament (the only one I found to work) is to re-type ALL you contacts into the phone. I breezed through the A's and just finished with the F's. There aren't that many U's , but looking back the C's were a bit longer than the K's. Ah well what can YOU do?

3 REPLIES 3
userw0O7QBXgO6
Astronaut

Transferring phone contacts to Galaxy S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION
try to download samsung switch that would transfer file contact ect..
ojait2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So the answer to this perdicament (the only one I found to work) is to re-type ALL you contacts into the phone. I breezed through the A's and just finished with the F's. There aren't that many U's , but looking back the C's were a bit longer than the K's. Ah well what can YOU do?

usere3bJRn5dIs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Transferring  phone contacts  to Galaxy S7 is easy with the help of Gmail or phone transfer program. With their helps, we can directly transfer contacts between mobile phones.