Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Michael-J
Constellation

Trouble with USB port on galaxy S6

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

two weeks ago i tried to connect my galaxy s6 dual sim (model SM-G920F) via USB to my PC to copy some pictures and it was not recognized, but charging with the power chord was possible. I tried to enter the developer mode and turn on the USB debugging, was not the needed solution.

Now three days ago i made an update to the latest firmware version. Now also the charging via USB is not possible and also it´s still not recognized by my PC. The strange thing is, that the power chord is recognized when the phone is powered off completely. The battery symbol is shown for a few seconds but it´s not loading. When turned on, it´s not showing any reaction at all. Inductive loading via Samsung Pad is possible.

What else can i try by myself before sending it back to the dealer as guarantee claim?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paczuszku
Constellation

Re: Trouble with USB port on galaxy S6

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This morning I had the same problem and discovered how to get my GS6 to let me move files between it and my PC.  I think there must've been a firmware update to change the usual behavior.

After you plug in the USB cable, check for a notification on the phone that says "Connected for charging. Touch for other USB options."  Tapping on it will give you a dialog box to enable moving files, images, etc.  I guess it's for improved security.

5 REPLIES 5
Paczuszku
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This morning I had the same problem and discovered how to get my GS6 to let me move files between it and my PC.  I think there must've been a firmware update to change the usual behavior.

After you plug in the USB cable, check for a notification on the phone that says "Connected for charging. Touch for other USB options."  Tapping on it will give you a dialog box to enable moving files, images, etc.  I guess it's for improved security.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It could be your PC. In order to initiate USB file transfer windows has to download and install device drivers for your phone. I would right click on the start button, and click on device manager and make sure there are no problematic devices. Then after a fresh PC reboot, plug your phone in and monitor your system tray (the little icons by the clock on the bottom right corner)  and see if there is any USB device driver installation happening. Sometimes it takes a little while after an update as it has to refresh its drivers. It should be instant every time thereafter though. 

Philipe1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue not only with my Galaxy s6 but with my camera via usb.  PC wont recognise either but usb port is working because it charges my phone.  Im sure its in the pc but darned if I can find out why.  It was suggested I clear my DNS which I did, no help.

userga6pyC9wx1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Free Download Samsung Mobile USB Drivers For Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / VISTA / MAC https://www.yluvm.com/2018/10/download-samsung-usb-drivers.html

userga6pyC9wx1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Free Download Samsung Mobile USB Drivers For Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / VISTA / MAC https://www.yluvm.com/2018/10/download-samsung-usb-drivers.html