Original topic:

Turn off Shutter Sound in Galaxy S10+

(Topic created on: 5/17/21 6:57 PM)
Halfbrasilian
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I can't find the option in settings to disable shutter sound when taking a picture, I've just upgraded from the Galaxy S9+ and have had quite a few in the Galaxy S Series, and the option to disable it has always been there. I'm hoping it's just a glitch and Samsung hasn't actually removed the option, can anyone help me disable it please? I did turn off the system sounds and it doesn't make noise, but I'd rather not have to keep that muted all the time just to not have the stupid shutter sound always there...

Thanks
0 Likes
9 Replies
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It should be in the camera settings. What is the device model?

Please follow all community guidelines before posting

0 Likes
Halfbrasilian
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ya that's where I'm used to seeing it but have looked everywhere and it's gone... Galaxy S10+. I was just reading apparently the EU said you can't disable the shutter sound so people can't take pictures of your without you knowing, which makes sense I guess but there's other ways to disable it... I just think the sound is obnoxious
0 Likes
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
ToddF90
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You can turn the "shutter sound" off in the camera settings. I've attached a screen shot from my Galaxy s20+. Hope this helps.

Screenshot_20210518-074908_Camera_6109.jpg

0 Likes
Halfbrasilian
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ya that's where it is on my Galaxy S9+ but the option is just gone on this phone... Glad they added it back eventually, just not here (at least not yet)

Screenshot_20210518-101651_Camera_9690.jpg

0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Halfbrasilian 

Have you tried doing Camera -> Settings -> Reset settings?

0 Likes
Halfbrasilian
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I just did right now and got a message confirming the setting was removed on purpose

Screenshot_20210518-121518_Camera.jpg

0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Halfbrasilian 

I was going to say that some countries make it illegal to turn off the shutter sound. But since this is the US support site I neglected to ask. 

Halfbrasilian
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You have to expand to see the message
0 Likes