cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Turn off/ disable Samsung pass

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for that tip. In also works for last pass. If you choose autofill there is no way to turn it off. Why would I want autofill on a secure folder? So I just  Disabled last pass. I'd like to the option to use autofill when I want not forced to use it all the time .

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You forgot to add turn off lock screen under display setting. 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have the same problem as the original customer and even though it worked for that customer, apparently since then samsung meticiously "removed" all these solutions other than using another autofill service.   i am still at a loss to stop the tedious screen lock.   i never save personal data on my phone and i do a good amount of tech support for a lot of people i know.  forcing everyone to use an autofill service which adds a screen lock is not convienent or more safe for everyone.  sure it helps half of the customers but for the other half of customers they will go to apple or look for a third party phone when a good one comes along.   

so... i still cannot stop the samsung pass from locking my device unless i hack samsung pass off, which im getting close to doing, but that could create potential problems with updates and maybe be reversed after the next update.  

juat to be clear:

settings, general management, language and input, autofill service THERE IS NO NONE OPTION ANYMORE

settings, apps, samsung pass THE DISABLE OPTION IS GREYED OUT WITH NO APPARENT WAY TO UNGREY IT

settings, accounts and backup, accounts, "my samsung account" THERE IS NO OPTION TO REMOVE OR DISABLE THIS ACCOUNT ANYWHERE

i could go on, but you get the drift.  please fire the lead over what to add to samsung devices and promote someone who makes good decisions.  tyvm

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

to update my last post i figured out to disable the lock its settings, lock screen.  this worked for me, but i should not havr had to search thru multiple forums of many pages to find this.   you ask, "but its obvious this is how you stop a screen lock though".  its not obvious for most, and a good number of customers dont know its named "lock screen".   these customers are good at their jobs, not savy at phone lingo.   as much as samsung will swear this is the right way and best way to turn a lock on and off, its not at all.  simply have a popup like a lot of linux do where it asks you 1x if you want this service AND HAVING THE POP UP EVERY TIME IS NOT THE SAME THING, because you dont have the option to input "never show again" send me to mars.  at least there are no idiots there yet.  the smartest will go to venus instead anyway.  no point in settling mars atm