Original topic:

Turn ringer off keep system sounds on

(Topic created: 10-05-2021 02:57 PM)
user9QVG714yfj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I use the galaxy watch 3 with my s10e and I was tired of getting my notifications (ring and vibration) on both devices. So I tried to make a bixby routine to disable the ringer when my watch is connected. To my surprise when I turn it off I am forced to turn off the system sounds, which doesn't make any sense. I want to hear the sound of the keyboard and other system sounds, I just don't want my phone to ring, since I can see it's ringing when Im using it and when I'm not the watch will vibrate, so there's never a need to bother people with the ringing when my watch is connected, but I don't want to give up the system sounds.

Please make these things independent. It doesn't make any sense.

0 Likes
3 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i don't think there is a setting for this... Best I can think of is to minimize the ringtone and turn on the system sound to your liking. 

When you click the volume key, you should see a volume gauge show, on the gauge you will see 3 dots "..." click that and you should see a window expand that has multiple volume gauges to work with. From this you can mute or alter the volume of system/notification/media/bixby voice

user9QVG714yfj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It seems so

I just wanted Samsung to change it. This doen't make any sense to me.

0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

it might be Google's design, Samsung just slap on their launcher that adds design and bells and whistles to what Google has provided.

So first it has to be clear who is in charge of this volume setting. My guess is Google.

I'm sure there is a suggestion box or something of that sort that both companies access to see what people are complaining about or requesting. I've never done so I don't know where to put such post. I'm sure chatting with an assistant through call or chat will do just fine.

0 Likes