Original topic:

Two main problems: Calendar Colors, and Replying to Topics Here

(Topic created: 03-31-2022 04:47 PM)
OQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

A) Samsung calendar  issue: it went from bright (yellow, green, red, etc) to drab off-colors like ochre, old avocado, muddy waters, muddy blues, etc. Now we all have the muddy blues. I haven't found a solution after looking through a dozen posts/discussions on various platforms. 

I looked through the topics here. Apparently, this change is permanent(?)

B) On the boards here, I tried to read replies and reply to two of the relevant topics, but "the widget won't respond." What is that about? 

Help with at least one of these problems would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

Not that it's relevant, but I have an s10e.

However, I looked at a calendar on an A51, and its colors were still the nice old bright ones. 

Could we uninstall calendar updates to get the old colors back? 

Could... Samsung/android put in a fix so that we can choose the color palette?

#unpalatable 

4 Replies
StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
AFAIK that's tied to the new "Material You" feature with the new Update. I don't think there's much you can change. You could Try opening the menu in calender (Three lines at the top left) and scroll down to "Manage Calenders" and in there you can pick a color per Calender/Event.

I'm not sure if this will do anything with the calender but still will mention it. Go to Phone Settings > Wallpaper and Style > Color Palette and see if changing that in any way does anything. Other than that maybe look at trying another calender like Google Calender.

As for the samsung members issue all I can think of is clear the apps cache+data and then try it again. And an uninstall/reinstall maybe if it still Happens.
Festus1138
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi, this is the original poster ("OQ").
One solution to the forum issue is to access this community through the members app., which is why I'm in a different account.
My theories:
1) Samsung has been trying to discourage use of the community via browser, in favor of the mobile app. (Why? No clue.)
2) Or for at least the last two years, the development team for these forums has been incredibly incompetent so as to make it nearly unusable on browsers.
3) Or the budget for the development team is insanely pathetic, and nobody has any time to fix these very basic problems.

That's all I got for the forums problem. It can only be deliberate or through an ongoing failure/incompetence going back at least two years.
If it's due to another reason, I am highly interested to be informed about it.
As for the calendar colors, uninstalling updates IS an option (on my s10e anyhow), but it says "all data will be removed," and that's not cool right now, so...
I'm going to try Google calendar. Wish me luck.
If I hate Google calendar, THEN I might try resetting Samsung calendar (uninstalling updates) to the factory setting, and then hopefully moving all my events back into Samsung calendar from Google calendar.
OOF!
0 Likes
Festus1138
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Update: The color changes to Samsung calendar are irreversible. (Unless they decide to change (fix) this feature. 
Unfortunately, I could only conclude that after allowing Samsung tech support to remotely access my phone and all its settings. Everything (pretty much) got reset, adding a bunch of hassle -- fixing a bunch of settings back again. etc. 
What's particularly messed up and pathetic is that Samsung tech support aren't current on things like this. All this trouble over a mess up. An app change that's poorly understood by everyone and unknown by tech support. 
Am I communicating this clearly?
0 Likes
Momika
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Since the latest Android update, all Google Calendar events in the widget and in the app on my phone (Samsung S21ultra) are faded and they are barely readable. This is includes past and future events. I have already turned off the setting to fade past events. I have deleted the app repeatedly and reinstalled. When I reinstall, it looks normal again, but fades out after a bit. I tried reverting back to the standard color theme (then uninstalled and reinstalled) and this still did not fix the problem for me! Note: After each reinstall, it fixes itself, but will at some point suddenly get hazy again.
0 Likes