Original topic:

UI 3

(Topic created: 02-22-2021 07:01 PM)
Liliannax3
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have an unlocked galaxy s10 plus on t-mobile and I just got the update. Based on what I have read here many have not like the changes. I am scared to update since I will be unable to go back. I would like to hear pros and cons to know what I should do

I know eventually I'll have to update but if there are more cons than pros I may prolong the experience as long as I can
5 Replies
Solution
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Mostly user interface changes and it depends on what you like and don't like. Very important is moving data out of Secure folder if you use it now. If you're not using it now, you are good. Second is not able to rename pictures in stock gallery app, I think a 3rd party app can resolve this issue. Another is the number of apps in folders. If you don't use app folder, you're good. Most of what you will see changed can be mitigated by using a 3rd party launcher. You may have storage access issue but should be good. If any storage is encrypted, remove encryption before updating. Also, backup your data before updating. Like you said, you'll have to upgrade eventually so go ahead once you take action on these recommendations. Good luck

View solution in context

Liliannax3
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
thank. I ended up updating. I don't hate it. thanks for the tips
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You're welcome
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
There is no option to hide front camera either.
0 Likes
dc1az
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
carrier version s10 on TMobile also has update now available. I downloaded it just now.
0 Likes