UNAUTHORIZED ACTIONS HAVE BEEN DETECTED

Astronaut

UNAUTHORIZED ACTIONS HAVE BEEN DETECTED

I dont know what happened I attempted to root my phone (I know breakinging terms and conditons blah blah) I think this is enough punishment as is for failing at something this simple. When I turn my phone on it has somthing on its startup screen it normally doesnt have.... a unlocked lock that says custom under it....does that mean custom os or ...I know my phone isn't rooted but once it starts up the unauthorised actions have been detected notification. My fingerprint sensor has stopped responding but everything else works fine except that. My model number is SAMSUNG-SM-G930A my build number is NRD90M.G930AUCS4BQE1 please help me or do I have to delete the entire os and reinstall it. I would just like some help

26 REPLIES
Valued Contributor (Elite)

Re: UNAUTHORIZED ACTIONS HAVE BEEN DETECTED

@user0hRhrT8veg,

Hi there! I'm glad to help you out today. 

When you attempted to root your phone you tripped the Knox Counter. This is a security protocol that is buried in the coding of your device. The unlocked lock you are describing indicates the phone has been modified with an unauthorized action (the root). The "Unauthorized Action" notification you are receiving is because the device had been tampered with in a way that was not intended. 

In order to reverse the root, you will need to Factory Reset the device. The Fingerprint not working could be related to the tampering that had been done, since KNOX knows there's something not right. Factory Reset should fix that.

Let me know what else I can help you out with. 

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
Constellation

Factory reset didnot fix my issue.. i tried both soft and hard reset.. my device is s7 edge.. please help

Astronaut

Try updating your security settings.

Astronaut

Hello I have s7 edge and i have the same problem but I didnt root my phone suddenly i found this notification and it reduces my battery plzzz help

Astronaut

Can you give us a solution because its annoying tgat we have to charge our phone everytime. I have the same problem but I didnt do anything for no reason i got the notification and it sticks on my phone.
Astronaut

I have the same issue with my G7 Edge.  I tried to restore some photos that got erased using a third party program.  Next thing I know, the message keeps showing up.  My phone is not rooted, and I have never tried to intentionally root the phone.  Factory reset has not worked (tried it twice).  Plese let me know if there is a solution to this.

Thank you 

Astronaut

This will fix it

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu8E6WuQmII"

if your rooted

This video will show you "How to fix unauthorized actions have been detected". It happened During regular security checks of the Linux kernel, the system has detected that the kernel has been modified. The followng may be the possible causes: 1. You may have installed a malicious or flawed app ...
Astronaut

That's not usefully in my galaxy s7 edge

Constellation

Find a fix for this? I'm in the same situation.