cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user3Vq82q7XB6
Asteroid

URGENT HELP! Password is not recognised suddenly today

Suddenly today, when I restarted my phone and typed in my password, it said that my password was not recognised.

I typed many many times as it was definitely the correct password (no caps lock etc) but it would not detect it as being correct. 

This is the first time this has ever happened, I have not installed any new software or anything recently so I am really confused. 

Now the password is detected as correct, but it will tell me "try again in 30 seconds". I have waited over an hour and it still will not work. 

Please please help me to not have to do a hard reset and lose all my data! I do not have a Samsung Find my phone account registered to this phone, so cannot do that. 

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung_JrgTVs3
Constellation

Did you restart your phone yet? Power off and back on?

Did you restart your phone yet? Power off and back on?

user3Vq82q7XB6
Asteroid

Re: Did you restart your phone yet? Power off and back on?

Yes - at first it would not let me because it needed a password to turn the phone off. 

But I selected restart, and it restarted, but no difference. I tried a soft reset too, no help.

Smiley Sad

KuroSan
Cosmic Ray

You dont have used finger print?

You dont have used finger print?

user3Vq82q7XB6
Asteroid

Re: You dont have used finger print?

It would not let me @KuroSan as after restarting it always asks for password.

KuroSan
Cosmic Ray

Try to call Samsung costumer service, they might can help...

Try to call Samsung costumer service, they might can help you out.

user3Vq82q7XB6
Asteroid

Re: Try to call Samsung costumer service, they might can help...

I would call them, but I cannot as I cannot login to my own phone. I am fuming!! :'(((

KuroSan
Cosmic Ray

Try this one, hope it work

KuroSan
Cosmic Ray

Test

KuroSan
Cosmic Ray

On a computer or other mobile phone, visit: google.com/an...

On a computer or other mobile phone, visit: google.com/android/devicemanager

Sign in using your Google login details that you also used on your locked phone.

In the ADM interface, select the device you need to unlock (if it isn’t already selected).

Select ‘Lock’

In the appearing window, enter a temporary password. You don’t have to enter a recovery message. Now click ‘Lock’ again.

If it was successful, you should see a confirmation below the box with the buttons Ring, Lock and Erase.

On your phone you should now see a password field in which you should enter the temporary password. This should unlock your phone.

Now, before you go on with your life, go to your phone’s lock screen settings and disable the temporary password.

That’s it!