Original topic:

Ui update forced my media player to have a widget on lock screen - how to disable?

(Topic created on: 2/24/21 4:54 PM)
usera0EIOzhbIN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Screenshot_20210224-164950_One UI Home.jpg

 this had happened to me at some point last year and I found the setting to get rid of it but now I can't find it please let me know where it is in settings thank you very much.

11 Replies
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
settings->lock screen->widgets.
0 Likes
usera0EIOzhbIN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have already visited this location and that does not control the media players interface on the lockscreen. I too thought this was the correct place, alas it is not. As you can see "music" is set to off and always has been. Media player interface still displays on lock screen.

https://imgur.com/a/OrBY0cc

nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try settings->lock screen->always on display->show music information.
0 Likes
usera0EIOzhbIN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for the suggestion. When I enabled always on show music information was disabled by default. Enabling it does not change the situation. I've reverted the changes back to not having always on display enabled.

nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have checked online and haven't seen a way to get rid of it unless the application you are using has it in their settings.
0 Likes
usera0EIOzhbIN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for your effort. The application does have lockscreen settings but those are not related to the image/situation described above. As previously stated this only changed in the last week when a new UI update (UI 3.x something?) rolled out. This was a issue previously and I found the setting to remove it.

I should also mention that this is universal for any media player app. Whether im using rocket player (my favorite media player app) or my audiobook app, both show up on the lockscreen since the UI update.

Carolina_MīC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm feeling like this is default behavior when the media app was on pause or playing when you lock your phone. If you close the app then you won't see the controls on the lock screen.
0 Likes
usera0EIOzhbIN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Of course if I close it, it will disappear, like when I take out the trash, my trashcan becomes empty...

This was default behavior when I got the S10 and I turned this feature off somehow before, and now the UI update reset the settings and its back. Please respond only if you have constructive solutions to try, thanks.

0 Likes
Carolina_MīC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I meant you no harm.
0 Likes