Original topic:

Unable to edit or delete new photos.

(Topic created: 04-28-2022 10:23 AM)
Jedi_Xzavien
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
When I take a photo I go to my gallery and click on the photo. Then on the bottom where you cam choose to edit, delete, ect. I don't get those options. All I get is 3 little dots that spin in a circle. I have my phone updated, I have the photo editor uploaded, I evern have reset my phone multiple times. This is the Galaxy S22 Ultra 
0 Likes
5 Replies
nopen1278
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This sounds like perhaps the permission for the gallery app to access storage is disabled.
0 Likes
Jedi_Xzavien
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It wasn't. This only affects new photos taken.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for reaching out. So just to clarify, when you are using the stock gallery app on your S22 Ultra, you are unable to edit or delete new pictures as when you click the 3 dots you just get a loading circle is that correct?

I would recommend trying to delete your photos while your device is in safe mode. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Did you restore your device from back up after factory resetting it? If yes, you could have put the software causing these symptoms back on your device.

Jedi_Xzavien
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm going to try the safe mode now. I'll let you know
0 Likes
Jedi_Xzavien
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No go on that. I thought they were 3 dots, it's the 4 loading dots and it seems like it's in a perpetual loading state
0 Likes