cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Unable to install Samsung pay on g920f S6

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the latest Ota update. (nougat) and I have an unlocked s6 g920f. Still to this date I'm having trouble installing Samsung pay on it. Is this a hardware problem or Samsung software problem. I am in Canada and have tried getting the early access to Samsung pay via CIBC program. Still didn't work. What do I do?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to install Samsung pay on g920f S6

JUMP TO SOLUTION

unfortunately it looks like samsung pay is not supported on unlocked devices currently.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When trying to install Samsung Pay does it give you any kind of error message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem is that I cannot even find the app on Galaxy App store. The CIBC webpage sends me an email with a link on it. I open it on my Galaxy S6 and it says "This app is no longer available for purchase or is not supported in this country or on this device. (com.samsung.android.spay:2290:4002)"

I have also tried searching for the app on Galaxy apps. Cannot find it. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

unfortunately it looks like samsung pay is not supported on unlocked devices currently.

View solution in original post

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What would happen if I were to buy a locked phone that supports Samsung pay and then Unlock it after. Would Samsung pay work then?