cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCmi2SxEIxm
Constellation

Re: Unable to load attachment

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We use Exchange 2007 and are having the same problem with our Galaxy S5 phones. 

The nougart phones we have stopped working and will not configure to work wioth the classic email app.  They do work with GMAIL app.

Peter

userpRNklmWBiA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am able to confirm that the Verizon Note 4 is also affected by this problem.

January 2017 security patch: No problems.

February 2017 security patch on same phone: Unable to load attachment.

S5 and Note 4: both broken.

S7 and Note 5 with same patch: works fine.

That's some Apple-level forced obsolescence...

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Definitely sounds like something with the latest Security Update is preventing that that ActiveSync from working properly. Has anyone reached out to Microsoft about this change directly? I'm going to forward this information, along with the log file that was sent to see if perhaps we can get some more information on this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

user4ESmc3QKPn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ever since I applied the Feb 2017 security update, I am no longer able to view/download attachments from Exchange 2007. Help!

userOywcWKBrJW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good Morning,

I wanted to see if there has been any progress on this up to this point.  We have not spoke to Microsoft, mainly because it was functioning before the patch and we are not experiencing issues with any other devices, just samsung S5.  It has now been 2 weeks, does your engineering team have an ETA?

Thank you,

Shane

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't heard anything back about an ETA on this. I don't have direct contact with our engineering teams, as I'd be poking them about this every day. However, I'll shoot out another e-mail about this and see if I can get anyone to put eyes on this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

user24mrxhjUDy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a major issue. I also handle mobile devices for our company, and since the previously mentioned update Exchange email accounts cannot download attachments.

For anyone else having this issue, I was able to "bandaid" the situation by doing the following (some steps are just extra measures, but figured might as well):

- Remove exchange account from device

- Wipe data/cache from Exchange Services under app settings

- Reboot to recovery, wipe cache

- Install 3rd party mail app (Blue Mail offers many options, including rich/HTML signature support)

- Add account into Blue Mail as an IMAP email account (IMAP - this part's important)

- In the default Samsung email app (or settings) add the same account but as Exchange

- Set this account (the one through Samsung/Microsoft Exchange Services) to only sync calendar, contacts, and tasks; turn off email sync on this account

Long story short, we're just using Exchange to sync contacts/calendar/tasks and IMAP to handle email. I'm sure many of you IT guys already figured this out, but figured it couldn't hurt.

That being said, Samsung/Verizon/Microsoft/somebody HAS to fix this. This is ridiculous.

userBWYRAyNzz2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are suffering from this issue as well.  I have been monitoring this thread now for over a week, and from what I have seen, no real action is being taken at Samsung to correct it.  For us, the inability to load attachments is a crippling problem when travelling.  I really hope someone there can prove me wrong, because from this vantage point it seems that nobody there cares.  If that is the case, then it will certainly be part of our decision when it is time to select new hardware.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay...I've been reading a LOT into this now since this has come around a few times now. I've yet to hear back anything, so I decided to do some digging on my own. From what I've seen with replies here, it seems almost everyone, if not everyone, is on Verizon. If we could confirm that, great. The other thing I noticed but would like confirmation on, is that Exchange 2007 is what is being used. 

This being the case, the reading I did on 2007 is that it's reaching End of Life come next month. I'm sure all of you were pretty much aware of this? It sounded like they would be helping folks migrate over for this, but 07' would no longer be supported. Now my theory is that if this is the case, I'm wondering if that security update that went out, patched through in advanced what changes were being phased out and only supported on the newest security features from your phone(that would normally work with Exchange...I'm not a super genius here...so don't mind my rambling).

Just to confirm as well, since I don't believe I ever asked, but are these downloads failing on both Wi-Fi and Mobile Data? Or just one of them?....

To reiterate before, make sure your Exchange setting is set to have no attachment limit, just in case anyone new has checked that. It seems something like this happened previously before, but it was fixed through with an update. I tried getting a hold of Microsoft support on my own, but have not received a response back from them, as well as heard anything directly related with the most recent security update to impact those devices. I'll send out another e-mail again on my end.

Highlighted
userBWYRAyNzz2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are on an older server that was slated for upgrade this year, so I have given the approval to upgrade asap.  Our carrier is Verizon.  And yes, downloads fail regardless of network connection - both cell and wifi.