JUMP TO SOLUTION
Exchange 2003/Active Sync
Galaxy S5
Verizon
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to load attachment

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay, that's good that you're at least upgrading that. I'm really curious to know if folks on a newer Exchange server aren't running into these problems at all. It would help confirm my older 07' theory. I'm afraid though I have no way of being able to test this here myself.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userOywcWKBrJW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are Exchange 2007 with an upgrade planned.  We are experiencing download issues regarding of the connection type, wifi / cellular and our cellular carrier is Verizon.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I tried taking that Security Update information and digging into the details precisely of what was inside it. But that information doesn't like to get posted anywhere in a completely breakdown for the most part.

I'm really starting to think that whatever security updates were made, applied these new features that might even now be preventing that data from passing through on the older Exchange program since it's end of life. I've added this to my tracker and will be e-mailing it to my CM to hopefully get more detailed information on that Security Update. However, if anyone migrates over to the newer Exchange version, could you please please PLEASE let me know if that helped at all. It would help prove my theory on this. Thank you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userBWYRAyNzz2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I migrated one account as a test to Exchange 2010.  Then I deleted the old account from the phone and set up the 2010 account.  Once completed, downloads were able to be made as normally expected.  It appears your suspicion regarding the security features and older Exchange servers may be correct.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ooooh. That's really awesome to hear. If anyone else is able to confirm this as well, I'd be super grateful to hear about it!

userpRNklmWBiA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exchange 2007 is working just fine with Android security patch Feb 1, 2017 on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy Note 5.

Exchange 2007 is not working with Android security patch Feb 1, 2017 on Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 4.

Android security patches are device agnostic.  It is very unlikely that the Android security patch issued by Google, is to blame.  Please don't let this die just because one person proved that changing their corporate E-mail infrastructure solves a newly created software problem.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not going to let it die. This is why I wanted other folks to test the upgrade as well to try and confirm that. So based on that, it seems like something on the older devices are preventing that from working, but they were working fine beforehand? At least that's what everyone has been saying.

So if it wasn't from the patch, what would you think it could possibly be? Aside from that though, End of Life for 07' is still coming, and will be unsupported by the end of this month they said. Migrating in general is still a good thing to do, as Microsoft explained they would do this for 07' Users in an article I read.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see your test.

userMxoagPItZe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also work for a company with a handful of S5 devices that lost the ability to download attachments with the last update, and after doing some digging, I came across this forum post that details a possible fix with regards to the way Exchange 2007 handles message size with ActiveSync clients.

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/78564/samsung-galaxy-s5-mail-download-size-problem

I unfortunately do not have access to our Exchange 2007 server in my current role, but if other folks here do, if you can look into that PS command and/or change the settings on a single mailbox in 2007 and let us know that might help narrow down a fix for this. It sounds to me from the explaination in that post is that Microsoft didn't really account for backwards compatability with Exchange 2007 and the Exchange app in Android is simply enforcing a value the server does not understand.