JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to reinstall pokemon Go

(Topic created: 11-10-2019 12:57 AM)
userEOvpJ3WyWX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello yesterday when I opened pokemon go the app informed me I needed to update to the newest version to play and once I clicked the link to the google play stored and started the update it failed and reported that I should try some troubleshooting steps at this page.Google troubleshooting page

I have completed all these steps and the steps listed below at More troubleshooting steps but am unable to reinstall the app.

Not sure what to do now I writing here hoping to get this issues solved,

-Thanks

10 Replies
Charkatak
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userEOvpJ3WyWX wrote:

Hello yesterday when I opened pokemon go the app informed me I needed to update to the newest version to play and once I clicked the link to the google play stored and started the update it failed and reported that I should try some troubleshooting steps at this page.Google troubleshooting page

I have completed all these steps and the steps listed below at More troubleshooting steps but am unable to reinstall the app.

Not sure what to do now I writing here hoping to get this issues solved,

-Thanks

@userEOvpJ3WyWX 

So when the update failed, the app was removed from your device or still there?

0 Likes
userEOvpJ3WyWX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It was removed

0 Likes
Charkatak
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userEOvpJ3WyWX wrote:

It was removed

@userEOvpJ3WyWX 

So if it was removed, can't you just install it via Play Store or there is an error message?

0 Likes
usery9YYM4WwLE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same error message for meinbound5654318020752011412.jpg

0 Likes
KnightRalph316
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Do you have the game installed from the Galaxy Store as well?

0 Likes
usery9YYM4WwLE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having the exact same issue. I've tried help through google and niantic but got nowhere. I've done everything you've done as well and it is not on my phone from the galaxy store. Going on day 4

0 Likes
usery9YYM4WwLE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did you get it fixed?

0 Likes
Solution
Pippylong999
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the same issue. I had to make sure no other app programs had pokemon go, pokemon in Google and Samsung. Double check. Clear the cache, restart, looked through my apps one last time to make sure it didn't pop back up. And was able to reinstall. I just can't use two accounts anymore.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userEOvpJ3WyWX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It popped back up and now I can use it.  I not sure what happened to it I may have unistalled the app I got from the Samsung store and was unable to redownload the one from the Google play store.

0 Likes