cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Unable to remove Samsung Account login notification from home screen

This annoying problem occurs on ALL Galaxy S phones (I have the S10 plus FYI).

I have seen many posts on the form regarding this issue but thought it's best to create a new post.

Issue:

Unable to remove Samsung Account login notification from home screen

I have tried:

1: logging into my Samsung Account on my laptop and trying to delete the account but the option to delete the account does not exist, Samsung service rep was unable to help me either.

2: Turning off 'Show notifications' via 'App notifications' page in settings on my phone, however I am unable to turn this off, it does not allow me to change the setting.  Samsung service rep was unable to help me either.

I know many other Samsung S users are experiencing this same issue and are complaining about this.  I use google to backup my apps/account and don't need the Samsung account.  I only own 1 Samsung device so don't need to sync data between devices.  I find it very annoying and frustrating that Samsung forces me to log into the Samsung app on my phone and provide my cellphone number for 2 step verification, I do not wish to do this and will not do this.

Samsung should make the Samsung account OPTIONAL and not force users to sign in.

I hope this is fixed in a future software OS update, otherwise I will not purchase any more Samsung smartphones sadly.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Unable to remove Samsung Account login notification from home screen

Agreed, I can not purchase another samsung phone with the account sign up requirement.