cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottjr88
Constellation

Unable to update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

GALAXY S5 ACTIVE WON'T UPDATE TELLS ME SYSTEM IS UP TO DATE RUNNING 5.1.1 SO UNSURE WHAT TO DO

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Unable to update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Scottjr88! Thanks for being a part of Samsung Communities! 

The most current software for the S5 Active (AT&T) is in fact 5.1.1. The baseband version should read G870AUCU2CPB2. Is this what yours is? 

That update came out only a couple of days ago, and since your carrier releases the update in waves, it's possible that it hasn't been released to your device yet. If not, the last part of your baseband will be PB1. If this is the case, just keep checking for updates every couple of days. 

Hope that helps! 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Scottjr88! Thanks for being a part of Samsung Communities! 

The most current software for the S5 Active (AT&T) is in fact 5.1.1. The baseband version should read G870AUCU2CPB2. Is this what yours is? 

That update came out only a couple of days ago, and since your carrier releases the update in waves, it's possible that it hasn't been released to your device yet. If not, the last part of your baseband will be PB1. If this is the case, just keep checking for updates every couple of days. 

Hope that helps! 

Squeegee
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello I have a S6 edge my software is at 5.01 and I'm trying to update It to 6.0 marshmallow but it tells me I'm already up to date. I'm frustrated by this. I have At&T as my carrier can someone help me.?

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Squeegee Has AT&T released the Marshmallow update for S6?  I do not think so (from other posts that I have read)

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Leo2
Constellation

Re: Unable to update s5 active at & t

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My base version ends with j3 what does that mean for my phone and the "wave"

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @Leo2

It does appear that you are a few updates behind, and we would like to recommend using our Smart Switch PC application to first back up your device. Once you have completed that, go ahead and locate the device initialization option to push the latest update available to your device. Once your device has updated, we suggest that users power down and restart their device to allow the system to start fresh. 

userkpage
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Galaxy s6 I have been reading about an update that takes your lollipop 5.0 to a marshmallow 6.0, from.what I read this was last year.in april. I am still running  a 5.0. My phone says update service is temporarily out of service, who would I contact to fix this ?? Thank you 

user46MlRYbZBT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userUO18eoqxd2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Scott

I recieved notice a while back that said google will only be updating over a wifi signal!  If you haven't tried that yet you might consider it. But be careful not to update past the 6.0 software if you only have 16 gigabytes of storage!  The 7.0 software will overload your storage and brick out your phone!